* Cont. Ed. 5 Credit Hrs. Working With Building Officials - Understanding the 1&2 Family Building Code
Name: * Cont. Ed. 5 Credit Hrs. Working With Building Officials - Understanding the 1&2 Family Building Code
Date: May 9, 2019
Time: 7:45 AM - 1:00 PM EDT
- Program focuses on, State of Rhode Islands’ One & Two Family Dwelling Code. How the Code is “structured”. Specifically looking at but not limited to, Chapters One & Three and importance the subjects below.
- Chapter 23-27.3 Sate Building Code-Construction-100.3, Ordinary Repairs-101.1 &102.0, Owners Responsibility-104.1, Change of Use-105.2
- The risk contractors expose themselves to when “Working Without a Permit” or creating an “Illegal Change of Use”
- Difference between “Prescriptive” V “Performance” based codes
- What situations demand you look at the “Intent” of the code
- Properly using registered design professionals – Residential V Commercial & Who is responsible for what
- Understanding & using various “Tables” in the Residential Code
- Reviewing the “Top Ten Code Violations” & the specific sections of the Building Code they are linked to, or associated with.
- Reasons why Inspections Fail & Buildings Fail prematurely